The tour features one section with 50 stairs (going downward) in a narrow passageway.
About the Tour
We want everyone to have fun at Forbidden Caverns, so here is some specific information about our tour to help our guests have as much fun as possible at Forbidden Caverns!
- The average guided tour is 55 minutes long.
- Generally speaking, the largest group size is 30 people.
- The tour is not recommended for those with mobility and/or respiratory issues. This is because of the typical slippery surfaces and tight spaces you see in most caves. We also have a section of the tour that involves 50 stairs that go down a narrow pathway which can be difficult for some to walk down.
- For your safety and those around you, all guests must be able to follow the tour guide’s instructions and must be respectful to those around them.
- Guests must remain on the tour path at all times and we ask that you do not touch any formations inside the cave.
- The cave can be wet, have puddles, is 58 degrees F all year long, and will generally be a little dirty, so please dress accordingly.
- We do allow pictures but only when the tour has come to a complete stop. Video inside of the cave is not allowed.
- Restrooms are available adjacent to the main building.
- There is an outdoor picnic area that you are free to use.
- The tour begins and ends in our gift shop.
- Due to the variance in group sizing and tour duration, we do not currently offer advance or online ticket sales. We have frequent tour departures and strive to keep wait times to a minimum.
We look forward to seeing you and your group at Forbidden Caverns! If you have any questions please contact us!